Chemical Engineering and Materials Science and Engineering Open House
For prospective undergraduates
You’re invited to the Chemical Engineering and Materials Science and Engineering Open House for prospective undergraduates!
Join us to
- Learn about admission and scholarship information.
- Discover career paths in chemical and materials engineering.
- Meet our students and faculty.
- Visit our Instructional and Research Labs.
- Tour the Fulton Schools Residential Community at Tooker House (optional, following the event).
Chemical engineers apply the principles of chemistry, biology, physics, mathematics, and economics to create new products, design chemical processes, develop energy resources, and protect the environment. Examples of chemical engineers’ duties include:
- Advancing Biomedicine
- Developing Electronics
- Enhancing Food Production
- Generating Energy
- Improving Materials
- Saving the Environment
Materials engineers invent, design and manufacture advanced materials for all high-tech industries. Example applications include:
- Nanotechnology and Nanomechanics
- 3D Printing and Additive Manufacturing
- Lightweight and High Temperature Materials
- High Resolution Electron Microscopy
- Advanced Biomaterials
Saturday, October 19
9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
(Registration begins at 8:30 a.m.)
*Lunch will be provided for all registered event guests.