PhD Biological Design Graduate Admissions Checklist
All materials must be received by the priority admissions deadline for the Ph.D. program:
- Fall semester admission: Ph.D. application priority deadline is December 15.
- Spring semester admission: Ph.D. application priority deadline is July 15. However, please note, funding for spring admission is limited and few candidates (if any) are admitted.
Applications submitted after that deadline will be considered. However, for full consideration for fellowships, applications should be submitted by the priority deadline.
Complete the Graduate College’s online application and submit the application fee.
- Review the graduate application instructions at http://graduate.asu.edu/admissions/how_to_apply and the FAQ at https://students.asu.edu/graduate.
- Direct all questions regarding the application process—including updating transcripts and other documents—to the Graduate College at https://students.asu.edu/graduate.
Send ALL documents to:
Admission Services Applicant Processing
Arizona State University
PO Box 871004
Tempe AZ 85287-1004
- Official transcript from each institution you have attended. Each must be in a sealed envelope from the institution.
- Official GRE Scores: ASU’s institution code is 4007. There is not a stated GRE score requirement.
- Official TOEFL scores (if applicable): 580 (paper-based exam) or 92 (internet-based exam). ASU’s institution code is 4007.
Your personal statement should be a one page statement highlighting your interests, background in biomedical engineering, career goals and other factors that the admissions committee would find valuable when reviewing your application. You will upload your statement as part of the on-line application.
Letters of Recommendation
Letters should be from faculty at institutions you have attended and/or others who can speak to your ability to succeed in a graduate program. You will supply information for three recommenders as part of the online application. Your recommenders will receive an email which will then instruct them to complete an online form.
PhD Applicants – 3 recommendations are required
Teaching or Research Assistant/Associate (TA/RA) positions are typically reserved for Ph.D. students. Applicants who submit their complete applications by the priority deadline will also be considered for fellowships.
Tuition and fee information is available online: https://students.asu.edu/tuitionandfees