SEMTE Support Services

Human resources

Human Resources Overview

Welcome to the School for Engineering of Matter, Transport and Energy’s Human Resources. SEMTE HR is here to assist you with your HR needs related to payroll, benefits, leaves (sabbatical, medical and personal), retirement, leave and time reporting and hiring.

  • We can assist with all hiring for your Sponsored Grants and Research Accounts such as hiring Graduate Research Assistants/Associates, Student Workers (hourly), Postdocs, and Academic Professionals.
  • We also assist with hiring Teaching Assistants/Associates, Graders, University Staff and PRN (as needed) employees.
    SEMTE HR is your liaison with the International Students and Scholars Office regarding the processing of J1 and H1B requests as well as the process to obtain a green card.
  • Offer letters are considered contracts and can only be generated out of the SEMTE HR office.
  • Before making any offers (verbal or written), please consult with SEMTE HR
  • Please contact [email protected] with any questions or HR needs.

HR Contacts

School for Engineering of Matter, Transport and Energy
Arizona State University
Engineering Center, G-Wing 301
501 E. Tyler Mall
Tempe, AZ 85287-6106

Phone: 480-727-9316
Fax: 480-965-5654
[email protected]